Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday Chuck Wagon!


LARABY'S PUT A SPREAD ON LIKE NO OTHER!

Sunday's are a little different, here at the ranch.
It's a day of rest... kind of.
Because folks still need food. Drink. Comfort. And it's a working ranch, so the animals need some of this and a lot of that.
But we don't want to get carried away with work. Not on Sunday.

So here's the feed bag for the afternoon. It's on all day at the buffet in the great dining room, so help yourself.  Your day. Your call.

And welcome to the Rocky Ridge Ranch.


Thumbprints, old-fashioned style... with raspberry jam, homemade here on the ranch... or Laraby's own chocolate frosting, courtesy of Hershey's Cocoa... her favorite chocolate frosting recipe, and Laraby doesn't play favorites lightly!

A massive stock pot of chowder, stick-to-your-ribs food that the folks who work and run the ranch love... and look forward to!

Egg, cheese, chicken and artichoke puffs.... Stuffed into one of those little packaged crescent roll things, and then baked. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness!

Homemade cream puffs... 'Nuff said. There isn't anything like mulling a plot twist or a character arc with a couple of these in your hand.... And just the right size. Two bites.

Salads are always part of the buffet fare. Build your own, family style, and have some fun with the toppings. Nuts, cheeses, crispy things that come along, bacon bits, and grilled chicken or fish... A meal in a dish.
And then have the cream puffs and cookies! 

Food's not the most important thing here at the ranch... but it's plain foolish to think food isn't AN important part of the week... 

But just a word of warning.

Laraby loves chocolate.

She's got a nose for Ghirardelli, Hershey, Godiva, etc.

IF YOU HAVE CHOCOLATE IN YOUR ROOM, SHE WILL MOST LIKELY FIND IT.

And... sample it.

But we shrug that off, because our Laraby isn't to be faulted... if that love of chocolate (yours or ours!) keeps producing amazing meals for our guests, well... we consider it a small enough price to pay!

10 comments:

  1. My kind of gal! Chocolate is my favorite too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Laraby is a little short on words... she's a quiet one. But Shane says she can't be beat in the kitchen and she and Cookie can whip up food faster'n Kansas can whip up a storm!

      Delete
  2. Tammy too the words right out of my mouth! And I'm so excited to eat food that someone cooked!!!!!!!!!! (Am I the only one?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to up the ante! I'm going to have to find a real good hiding place for my chocolate stash. I can't write without it...and a good pot of coffee within reach!

    The food smells delicious! I can't wait to dig in. And since this is a virtual chuckwagon, I'm going to indulge in ALL the foods I can't normally have.

    Don't mind me. I'm just pigging out in the corner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you bring ice cream? Because I'd be okay with that!

      Delete
    2. You know I did! I packed it all on blocks of dry ice so it's nice and cold. I brought vanilla, chocolate, and coffee (because, me) and threw in some strawberry cheesecake sherbet for fun! And we've got all the toppings you could want!

      Delete
  4. Cookie and I just baked up an apple crisp and brought it over with some creamy ice cream for Ruthy. We've been peeling apples since I finished my ride and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Laraby and Cookie have been busy! What a treat to find all this delicious food on the buffet after Bettie and I returned from hiking the trail Shane suggested. (Ruthy, thankfully the cougar you mentioned was not interested in us.) I left a bag of the new salted caramel M&M's for Laraby and Cookie......a reward for all the cooking they did this afternoon. (Shhh....I have more hidden in my cabin. Can't risk running out of writer motivational food!)

    On the hike, I came up with the short story idea I'll be working on this week. Being outdoors always sparks my creativity. Taking a couple of treata and some apple crisp back to the cabin to snack on while I plot that story. Good night to you all......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! And I agree, have the salad so you can have ALL the dessert! Glad to be along.

    ReplyDelete